Meet gay

Monday, October 09, 2006

Loving each other--It CAN be a good thing

Wow, when I think about being in love with Dustin and how our relationship is really working, I feel sad when I read where others are having problems with their relationships.

Okay, so we haven't been together but for a couple of months, but it just keeps getting better and better. Yes, we don't see eye-to-eye on everything (like ketchup and mayonnaise hahaha), but on the important things we do take the time to talk things out and that seems to settle it.

I think talking, just communicating up front, must be really important in a relationship. Not internalizing things is really important. And Dustin, in the past, has been one to keep things inside and very private. But he is working hard to talk about things that bother him early on. I never have been one to hold things in very long. So we work to keep everything out in the open so things don't get clogged up inside us and cause a problem later on.

And I have found that our open communication helps in more than just keeping problems out of our relationship. It helps me see just how much he loves me, and that is so important to me. My self image has not always been very healthy, but knowing he loves me and is committed to our relationship helps me a lot with that.

It just feels so good to go to bed at night and know the person I am holding loves me, believes in me, and really cares about everything that impacts me. it means that I can be transparent with him.

If you are in a relationship that is one of those that is rocky, try to open up the lines of communication. Spend some quality time with your lover just talking to him. Be sure to take ownership of things that bother you and not just try to persuade him that he is wrong.

Okay, maybe I am not a real authority on relationships, but I know this works. And if you are having problems, don't be afraid to get help. I think there are a lot of professionals here who ARE authorities on relationship building. Talk to them.

Oh, and BTW, what Dustin said about not doing to well on Saturday is a crock! In the films, it showed just how good a game he did play. So don't let him bullshit you about not being good.





My favorite Blogs:

Meet gay
Gay datings
Single gay
Meet single gay
Single gay personals
Meet gay friend
Gay datings
Meet single gay
Single gay personals
gay lover
single gays
meet single gay


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home